This is one of several telecaster style thinline project and is my own guitar.
All finishing was done with water based products, including the burst.
Tonally, this guitar has a very rich tone in the bridge and neck position pickups. There is a lot of detail and clarity, enough high end without becoming piercing or fatiguing and sweet mid range honk. I attribute the quality of the sound to the chambered Honduran Mahogany body with the maple top but also, the Van Zandt pickups. This is a winning combination.
The specs are as follows:
- Single 12” wide Honduran Mahogany Back (chamoiré grain pattern) with a small piece added to the side to complete the body width.
- Canadian Hard Maple top with flame pattern.
- Flame Maple Maple Neck with tilt back headstock.
- Padauk Fretboard.
- Stainless Steel Jescar fretwire.
- Pearl dot markers.
- Tusq nut.
- Allied Lutherie double action truss rod.
- Grover tuners
- Fender USA bridge
- Van Zandt Pure Vintage pickups
- Alpha 500k dual volume controls
- Alpha 500k / 0.022uf Tone Control
- Waterbased Lacquer finish
- Tung Oiled neck.